|Food Packaging||Food Contact Material*||Typical Migrants||Typical uses|
|Paper||Paper (recycled and/or printed)||Dry food packaging such as flower, sugar |
|PE (polyethylene) coating||
|Carton board||Carton (recycled and/or printed)||Rice cartons, muesli and cereal cartons, infant formula |
|PE (polyethylene)||Beverage cartons, frozen food cartons, baby formula |
||Snacks, cough drops|
|PP (polypropylene)||Bag in box |
*Layer in direct contact with food
1. Bradley, E.L., et al. (2012). “Printing ink compounds in foods: Uk survey results.“ Food Additives and Contaminants: Part B:1-11.
2. Biedermann, M., Grob K. (2010). “Is recycled newspaper suitable for food contact materials? Technical grade mineral oils from printing inks.“ Eur Food Res Technol 230:785-796.
3. BfR (2013). “Bfr streicht anthrachinon aus den bfr-empfehlungen für lebensmittelverpackungen“. Webpage of the BfR.
4. Biedermann-Brem, S., et al. (2012). “Migration of polyolefin oligomeric saturated hydrocarbons (posh) into food.“ Food Additives & Contaminants: Part A 29:449-460.
5. Trier, X., et al. (2011). “Polyfluorinated surfactants (pfs) in paper and board coatings for food packaging.“ Environmental Science and Pollution Research:1-13.
6. Trier, X., et al. (2011). “Structural isomers of polyfluorinated di- and tri-alkylated phosphate ester surfactants present in industrial blends and in microwave popcorn bags.“ Environmental Science and Pollution Research:1-11.
7. Gartner, S., et al. (2009). “Analysis and migration of phthalates in infant food packed in recycled paperboard.“ J Agric Food Chem 57:10675-10681.
8. Sanches-Silva, A., et al. (2008). “Development of a multimethod for the determination of photoinitiators in beverage packaging.“ Journal of Food Science 73:C92-C99.
9. Kawamura, Y., et al. (2000). “Determination of additives in food contact polypropylene.“ Journal of the Food Hygienic Society of Japan 41:154-161.
10. Page, B., et al. 2011. Metal packaging. In: Food and beverage packaging technology:Wiley-Blackwell, 107-135.
11. Sanches-Silva, A., et al. (2007). “Determination of butylated hydroxytoluene in food samples by high-performance liquid chromatography with ultralviolet detection and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry.” Journal of Aoac International 90:277-283.
12. Pastorelli, S., et al. (2008). “Study of the migration of benzophenone from printed paperboard packages to cakes through different plastic films.“ Eur Food Res Technol 227:1585-1590.